How can I help my child get ready for the CAASPP
You are an important part of your child’s education. Some things you can do to help your child are:
- Talk about the test with your child. Make sure they are not scared or anxious.
- Maintain excellent attendance during testing window.
- Tell your child that you and his or her teacher have high expectations and that you are both there to help, every step of the way.
- Take a practice test with your child.
- Make sure your child gets a good night’s sleep and a nutritious breakfast before testing.
To learn more about either the Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments or the CAST, go to the California Department of Education Parent Guides to Understanding Web page at https://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/ca/parentguidetounderstand.asp.
You can look at sample test questions on the practice tests, which can be found on the CAASPP Web Portal at http://www.caaspp.org/practice-and-training/index.html.